Let’s take a look at some interesting facts about the London Eye!!
- A ride on the London Eye takes around 30 minutes, and it travels at a speed of about 0.6 miles/9.7 km per hour.
- The height of the London eye is 135 m.
- The Diameter of the London Eye is 120 m.
- When you get to the London Eye, you get a fabulous view.
- The London Eye was opened in 2000.
- At the time the London Eye was built, in 1999, it was the tallest giant wheel in the world.
- The London Eye was built to celebrate the millennium.
- The London Eye has 32 capsules.
- From the London Eye, you can see London from every angle.
Here is a fun fact about London Eye!
The London Eye was supposed to be temporary, the London Eye was originally planned as a temporary structure: built to stand for around 5 years.
But in July 2002 Lambeth Councilfx granted the London Eye a permanent license.
Nearby London Eye
- Westminister bridge ( 6 min away from London Eye)
- Southbank Centre Food Markets (6 min away from London Eye)
- Big Ben (10 min away)
- SEA LIFE London aquarium (3 min away)
- Golden Jubilee Bridges (9 min away)
Click on start, to see how much you know about the London Eye!!!!